No products in the cart.
Ayurveda has given more stress on the preservation of the health and curing of disease. To get a perfect physical and mental health it is essential to follow a prescribed regimen everyday which includes personal hygiene, care of various organs and exercise.
Padabhyanga is Ayurvedic foot massage (Pada=foot and Abhyanga=massage) which is soothing, revitalizing, calming and balancing various disturbances of the autonomic nervous system. It is basically explained as a daily ritual especially before retiring at night. Ayurveda says that five marmas ( vital areas) out of 107 marmas are located on each foot. The feet are very important part of our body as it contains many nerve endings. Padabhyanga releases negative energy from these marmas. So padabhyanga is central to our health and wellbeing. Foot massage holds a sacred place in Ayurveda and Indian culture as touching the feet shows deep respect for elders. Sesame oil is most commonly used for foot massage. Sesame oil is a powerful antioxidant, is easily absorbed and is very nourishing for the skin. Depending on the condition of the person medicated oil or medicated ghee can also be used.
Duration of the treatment:30 minutes
- Helps to calm the mind
- Relaxes and revitalizes the central nervous system
- Helps maintain eyesight and hearing
- Promotes quality sleep
- Improves peripheral circulation
- Removes fatigue of the lower limbs
- Helps prevent sciatica
- Removes contraction of the ligaments, vessels and muscles of the feet
- Provides sturdiness to the limbs
- Helps to calm and maintain the “Vata Dosha” which, when present in excess, is regarded as the major cause of illness
It is useful in the following conditions:
- Diabetic neuropathy